Drum lessons are available for beginner, intermediate or advanced students of any age.
I teach the drum kit in most styles, such as rock, pop, alternative, jazz, funk, reggae, metal, progressive rock and more.
I have written and collected a lot of drum teaching material over the years, from simple beginner beats and songs through to advanced techniques and exercises. I've also finished a first edition of my own drum book, titled 'The Big Book of Beats'. The book is a collection of beats from popular songs, categorised into the different rhythms and techniques that they use, and is the largest collection of its kind that I can find anywhere in the world (really!). I often use pages from this book along with other songs, exercises and textbook material in my lessons. This method has been proven to receive consistently positive responses and outcomes from students - see the 'testimonials' section!
Examples of some things taught in lessons are:
- Drum beats and fills, from simple to advanced
- Learning whole songs in a variety of genres and playing along to tracks
- Drumstick, feet and coordination techniques and exercises
- Reading and writing drum music
- Playing and improvising in a band, group or solo context
- Drum tuning and getting the right sound of your kit
Lessons are $40 for half an hour and $70 for an hour.
Groups of 2 are $25 per person for half an hour or $40 for one hour.
Groups of 3 or more are $20 per person for half an hour or $30 for one hour.
Lessons are available weekly, fortnightly, or on a casual basis.